Natural Rest ® contains a mixture of herbs and vitamins that are scientifically shown to have beneficial effects as sleep aids and calming remedies to improve anxiety and mood disorders.
- Woelk H and Schlafke S. A multi-center, double blind, randomized study of Lavender oil preparation Silexan in comparison to Lorazepam for generalized anxiety disorder. Phytomedicine 2010;17:94.
- Fernandez-San-Martin M et al. Effectiveness of valerian on insomnia: a meta-analysis of randomized placebo-controlled trials. Sleep Med 2010;11:505.
- Benke D et al. GABA A receptors as in vivo substrate for the anxiolytic action of valerenic acid, a major constituent of valerian root extracts. Neuropharmacology 2009;56:174.
- Franco L et al. The sedative effect of non-alcoholic beer in healthy female nurses. PLoS One 2012;7:e37290.
- Koetter U et al. A randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled, prospective clinical study to demonstrate clinical efficacy of a fixed valerian hops extract combination (Ze 91019) in patients suffering from non-organic sleep disorder. Phytother Res 2007;21:847.
- Spong J et al. Melatonin supplementation in patients with complete tetraplegia and poor sleep. Sleep Disord 2013;2013:128197.
- Bhattacharya SK, Bhattacharya A, Sairam K, Ghosal S. Anxiolytic-antidepressant activity of Withania somnifera glycowithanolides: an experimental study. Phytomedicine. 2000 Dec;7(6):463-9.
- Bhattacharya A, Ghosal S, Bhattacharya SK. Antioxidant effect of Withania somnifera glycowithanolides in chronic footshock stress-induced perturbations of oxidative free radical scavenging enzymes and lipid peroxidation in rat frontal cortex and striatum. J Ethnopharmacol. 2001 Jan;74(1):1-6.
- Jain S, Shukla SD, Sharma K, Bhatnagar M. Neuroprotective effects of Withania somnifera Dunn. in hippocampal sub-regions of female albino rat. Phytother Res. 2001 Sep;15(6):544-8.
- Forsyth AK et al. Nutrition status of primary care patients with depression and anxiety. Aust J Prim Health 2012;18(2);172.
- Rondanelli M et al. The effect of melatonin, magnesium, and zinc on primary insomnia in long-term care facility residents in Italy: a double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. J Am Geriatr Soc 2011;59(1):82.
- Cope EC and Levenson CW. Role of zinc in the development and treatment of mood disorders. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 2010;13(6):685.
- Islam MR et al. Comparative analysis of serum zinc, copper, manganese, iron, calcium, and magnesium level and complexity of interelement relations in generalized anxiety disorder patients. Biol Trace Elem Res 2013;154(1):21.
- Lee J et al. Lack of delta waves and sleep disturbances during non-rapid eye movement sleep in mice lacking alpha1G-subunit of T-type calcium channels. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2004;101(52):18195.
- Ohta T et al. Treatment of persistent sleep-wake schedule disorders in adolescents with methylcobalamin (vitamin B12). Sleep 1991;14(5):414.
- Okawa M et al. Vitamin B12 treatment for sleep-wake rhythm disorders. Sleep 1990;13(1):15.