Gluco Life ®: Natural Supplement For Diabetes Management
Gluco Life ® is a nutraceutical formulation that was researched and developed based on scientific properties of a blend of ingredients with activity for preventing and managing elevated blood glucose and diabetes-associated complications.
Nutritional Health for Diabetes: Diabetes arises as a result of the body’s inability to adequately cope with high blood glucose levels. In non-diabetic individuals, food consumption leads to the secretion of appropriate quantities of insulin, a hormone produced in the pancreas that is secreted into the bloodstream. Insulin is required for the body to use convert glucose (sugar) from food into energy. In individuals with type 2 diabetes, excessive intake of carbohydrates creates a high demand for insulin; however, inadequate insulin production by the pancreas and resistance to the effects of insulin leads to sustained and high levels of glucose in the blood (hyperglycemia). The more uncontrolled the blood sugar levels are, the higher the risk and severity of complications, which include kidney damage, cardiovascular disease, eye disease and skin and mouth condition. A healthy diet including adequate intake of essential nutrients can make all the difference for keeping blood sugar levels under control and preventing diabetes-associated complications.
Scientific basis for Gluco Life ®: Contains plant-derived products that are scientifically proven to have beneficial effects in regulating blood glucose levels, improving insulin responses, and reducing multi-organ inflammation that is associated with hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetes.
- Dong JY et al. Magnesium intake and risk of type 2 diabetes: meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies. Diabetes Care 2011;34:2116.
- Sahin K et al. Anti-diabetic activity of chromium picolinate and biotin in rats with type 2 diabetes induced by high-fat diet and streptozotocin. Br J Nutr 2012;Dec 5:1.
- Ibrahimpasic K. Alpha lipoic acid and glycaemic control in diabetic neuropathies at type 2 diabets treatment. Med Arh 2013;67:7.
- Udupa AS et al. Study of comparative effects of antioxidants on insulin sensitivity in type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Clin Diagn Res 2012;6:1469.
- Kadiyala CS et al. Acetylation of retinal histones in diabetes increases inflammatory proteins: effects of minocycline and manipulation of histone acetyltransferase (HAT) and histone deacetylase (HDAC). J Biol Chem 2012;287:25869.
- Agrawal P et al. Randomized placebo-controlled, single blind trial of holy basil leaves in patients with noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 1996;34:406.
- Tsai et al. Wild bitter gourd improves metabolic syndrome: a preliminary dietary supplementation trial. Nutr J 2012;11:4.
- Keller AC et al. Saponins from the traditional medicinal plant Momordica charantia stimulate insulin secretion in vitro. Phytomedicine 2011;19:32.
- Ranasinghe P et al. Efficacy and safety of ‘true” cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) as a pharmaceutical agent in diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Diabet Med 2012;29:1480.
- Li Y et al. Salacia root, a unique Ayurvedic medicine, meets multiple targets in diabetes and obesity. Life Sci 2008;82:1045.
- Al-Romaiyan A et al. A novel extract of Gymnema sylvestre improves glucose tolerance in vivo and stimulates insulin secretion and synthesis in vitro. Phytother Res 2012 Aug 21.
- Al-Romaiyan A et al. Investigation of intracellular signaling cascades mediating stimulatory effect of Gymnema sylvestre extract on insulin secretion from isolated mouse and human islets of Langerhans. Diabetes Obes Metab 2012 Jul 6.
- Rodriguez-Fragoso L et al. Risks and benefits of commonly used herbal medicines in Mexico. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2008;227:125.
- Madar Z et al. Glucose-lowering effect of fenugreek in non-insulin dependent diabetics. Eur J Clin Nutr 1988;42:51.
- Sharma RD et al. Effect of fenugreek seeds on blood glucose and serum lipids in type 1 diabetes. Eur J Clin Nutr 1990;44:301.
- Al-Amoundi NS and Abu-Araki AH. Evaluation of vegetable and fish oil diets for the amelioration of diabetes side effects. J Diabetes Metab Disord 2013;12:13.
- Clark TA et al. Alternative therapies for diabetes and its cardiac complications: role of vanadium. Heart Fail Rev 2013 Feb 21.
- Vidal-Casariego A et al. Metabolic effects of L-carnitine on type 2 diabetes mellitus: systemic review and meta-analysis. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 2013;121:234.
- Evans JD et al. Role of acetyl-L-carnitine in the treatment of diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Ann Pharmacother 2008;42:1686.
- Norman AW et al. Vitamin D3 deficiency inhibits pancreatic secretion of insulin. Science 1980;209:823.
- Talaei A et al. The effect of vitamin D on insulin resistance in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetol Metab Syndr 2013;5:8.